I‘ve been here before so to take directly to the calculator (click here)
To obtain your Sue Rice size follow these steps:
- Don’t measure over clothes (unless you plan to wear clothes under your swimsuit). Put on some underwear (no padded bras) and get a tape measure. Stick to either (cm) or (inches) during the process.
- Firstly, we need your Hip measurement (H). Measure around the body taking in the fullest part of your buttocks (down below the hip bones).
- Secondly, we need your Underbust measurement (UB). Measure around your body over your ribs, just under your bust. Air should be fully expressed out of lungs and relaxed. (Please note, if your underbust measurement is 100cm(39.5 inches) or greater and your bra size is DD or more (in lingerie), this measurement may create an inaccurate Sue Rice size. To help us, you will need to reduce this measurement by 12cm(4.5inches) before entering it into the field below).
- Thirdly, we need your Bust measurement (B). Measure around the body taking in the fullest part of the bust. Again, relax.
- Fourthly, we need your Double Body measurement (DB). This establishes your true body length. Place the end of the tape on the back of the neck on the most prominent bone (top of spine). Hold it while you pull the tape between your legs and up to the nape of the neck (the bottom of the U-shaped bone). This measurement should take up most of the tape‘s length.
- Finally, a swimsuit should be a firm fit as the fabric relaxes a little when it is wet. However, you may like the "easyfit"(relaxed) feeling at all times, or you may like an extra firm feeling and look. So now choose your Fit Preference. Keep in mind that choosing extra firm will take you down a size (including body length) and choosing easyfit will take you up a size. (If you‘re not sure choose firm). Now put all those figures into the fields below and we will calculate your Sue Rice size. Keep a record of this.
A Note For Pear-Shaped Figures.
Sometimes a much larger hip measurement can distort the Sue Rice size. If you think you fall in this category, please refer to the original Sue Rice size you generated, but follow the additional instructions below
Take the underbust measurement in inches (if it is an odd number, go up 1 to make it an even number) and subtract the number 20 from it. If this figure is 4 greater than the first number in the Sue Rice size, then alter the Sue Rice size to the number in between. For example, if you originally came up with an 18C/average but after following these instuctions came up with the number 14, then you would need to change your Sue Rice size to 16C/average
A Note on Bra Size.
Because swimwear is more flexible than a bra, we have NOT introduced more letters into our bust fittings as some bra labels have. So if you are a DDD, E or F in a bra, don‘t be alarmed if your Sue Rice size includes D or DD, and if you are a G, H, I or J, the Sue Rice Size might include DD or E. For more info see our article What‘s Happened To Bra Sizes?
A Note on Separates
Obviously when you are ordering top separates or pants separates we don‘t display the Double Body component (petit, average or tall); and for pants separates we don‘t display the cup measurement (A, B, C, D, DD or E) either. We recommend that you still complete the measuring process so you can choose the correct fit.
For more information about Size, go to Sizing Info:
If, after you generate your Sue Rice size, you have any questions please contact us